TWO POEMS

By Joy Oluwaseun

                     Photo Credit: Patrick Dougher




IS THIS HEALING?

Day by day I saddle in my misery,
Not been able to rise from felony,
Indistinct murmurings adorn my ears
And keeps aggravating my fear for one dear.

I shut myself up and remain in time; dreary.
I shouldn't say my eyes are teary:
As I daily soak my pillow,
Waiting for healing, looking outta my window.

I think I am loosing my mind,
Caught up in my small web to bind.
I need a physician! Hast thou a psychologist? 
Even in ages, may I not evolve a beast.

When will I finally be free?
To feel again the sunlight and morning spree,
Play with little ones, as my peers no longer want my image in their set.
I must use this liberty to recover all the lost pearls I couldn't get.

I have found a new friend: everyday full of gift tweets,
Even though he never brings me sweets,
He keeps my hope alive for me to survive.

If my tweeter can bring me tweets so sweet, then,
Why can't I blin the grieve? I feel coming relieve.





                                                          




THE BAKER

From the beginning after a long while,
He steps into the hollow-like room
Engulfed with darkness and quietness,
Lights turned on. Yes that's progressive!

Restoring purity with the besom,
What a mess to His face!
" Let us create" said He
A thorough search of pastries to make-
All seems to His face fake
"I'll make out something new".

Breaks eggs to unveil it's goodness
Whisking, adding sugar for kindness
Butter comes into the batter for efficiency
A sprinkle of nutmeg gives grace and favour.

Full cream milk for joy and strength
Sieved wheat flour made it's way,
Brings meaningfulness and purpose
All combined: a unique masterpiece.

Straight to the oven to be refined,
A creation to behold! more like a cake
Fulfilled, He takes a slice to taste
And behold He saw that it was good. 

To show forth the praises of creation
Out of darkness to light








                                             
Joy Oluwaseun is a Nigerian. A student of Obafemi Awolowo University studying Linguistics. She is a Poet as well as a writer. She writes to be among the voices that not only echoes but becomes an anthem in her generation.




Comments

Popular Posts