Currently closed for submissions.
OneBlackBoyLikeThat Review calls for submissions, as it features works of fiction, poems, one-act playlets, book reviews, music reviews, movie reviews, essays, interviews, visual arts and chapbook publications from all over the world. We also curate sci-fi, horror, and sociological pieces.
We are not a paying magazine, but we hope to do so in the future.
All entries should be sent by mail to:
State your full name and genre of entry in the subject line of the mail. Example: "Taye Lawal, Poetry."
• Fiction, playlets, music reviews, movie reviews, essays, and interviews should be between: 3000-10,000 words. For works of fiction written by Africans, we nominate for the AKO Caine Prize.
• Poems should not be more than fifty (50) lines, per poem. We accept a maximum of three poems.
Entries must be single-spaced and written in Calibri or Times New Roman font, 12 point. In the body of the mail include a cover letter telling us about the work, word count for (short-stories & playlets) and for poetry, the number of poems included; a short author bio of not more than 30 words and optionally a picture of yourself. Works should be submitted in .doc or .docx format and NOT PDF.
Files should be saved with the title of the work, and for a body of poems, the title of the first poem. We only accept one body of work per genre and not multiple entries. You must wait for acceptance or declination before submitting another work.
OneBlackBoyLikeThat Review now publishes three times a year.
Submission window: March 5th - March 20th
Feedback: March 25th
Publication: April 1st
Window: July 5th - July 20th
Feedback: July 25th
Publication: August 1st
Window: November 5th- November 20th
Feedback: November 25th
Publication: December 1st
Also, note that selected pieces seldomly get published the way they came, so entrants should be ready to go through the work with the designated editors.
CHAPBOOK SERIES (CLOSED)
We are glad to announce the commencement of our chapbook series. Below, are some details for submission:
• Manuscripts must be in .doc or .docx format.
• Acknowledgments, author's note, dedication or author's bio must be contained in the document. Not separately.
• Submissions must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BEST OF THE NET NOMINATIONS
We nominate works for the annual Best of the Net Anthology, a project by Sundress Publications.
Note, that all submissions that ignore these guidelines will be overlooked.